SME Corp. Malaysia is introducing the SME @ UNIVERSITY PROGRAMME which provides a structured learning opportunity to the CEO’s of Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs).
The Programme is designed to help develop capable human capital that will drive diverse management innovation and creativity in developing the business acumen of new and existing entrepreneurs. The Programme is based on the SME University of Japan’s hands-on approach, model for participant to learn on what it takes to become a world-class CEO.
- Companies must fulfill SME definitions;
- Manufacturing, Manufacturing-Related Services & Agro-based Industries
- Services, Primary Agriculture, Information & Communication Technology (ICT)
Annual Sales Turnover OR
- Less than RM50 million OR
- Less than RM20 million OR
No. of Full time Employees
- Less than 200
- Less than 75
- Companies must be R.O.B or R.O.C status; and
- Preferably companies with SCORE rating of two (2) Stars and above.
(SCORE is a diagnostic tool used to rate and enhance competitiveness of SMEs based on their performance and capabilities that was undertake by SME Corp. Malaysia)
- Owners/ CEO of SMEs
What will the Programme be?
- Training duration: 1 mini semester (3 months)
8 Common Modules
Module 1 : World-Class SMEs Leadership and Managing Performance
Module 2 : Effective Human Resource Management for SMEs
Module 3 : Creative Marketing and Business Success
Module 4 : Managerial Accounting for CEOs
Module 5 : Entrepreneurship and Business Networking
Module 6 : Business Opportunities, Growth & Modeling
Module 7 : Law and Ethics
Module 8 : Effective Operations Management
Benefits of the Programme?
- Comprehending what it takes to be a national, regional and global enterprise;
- Developing and cultivating a positive culture within the company;
- Exploring various diagnostic business tools to cope with a dynamic business environment; and
- Refining a company’s business plan