The concept of SME Competitiveness Rating for Enhancement (SCORE), a diagnostic tool used to rate and enhance competitiveness of SMEs based on their performance and capabilities, was first developed and introduced in 2007. The initial pilot was undertaken for companies in the manufacturing sector to gauge on the effectiveness of the grants companies received to improve their business performance. Since then, the SCORE process was accepted by various sub-sectors in Malaysia as it provides a gauge to measure the competitiveness and capabilities of companies at firm level. SCORE has also been used as a tool for business matching purposes for better market access as well as initial indicator for purposes of access to finance
- Acquire baseline data on SMEs
- Evaluate and track SMEs capabilities and performance
- Facilitate linkages of potential SMEs to large companies, government-linked companies (GLC) and hypermarkets
- Link export-ready companies to MATRADE and MIDA
- To ensure better fund utilisation and focus resources
Benefits of SCORE
One of the main objectives of SCORE is to provide comprehensive services in assisting the development of SMEs in Malaysia. With this in mind, SCORE has successfully established strategic partnerships with bodies from various industries that has the potential to assist and support SMEs in building their capacity and capabilities.
Our Strategic Partners are as follows:
- Addressing weaknesses of SMEs with more focused approach and provide integrated, hand-holding assistance to SMEs;
- Facilitating linkages of potential SMEs with large companies, MNCs, retailers; and
- Assisting SMEs in a better coordinated and structured form as SME Corp Malaysia can concentrate on improving the capacity building of 3-Star companies and below, while the 4 and 5-Star companies can be groomed and launches into international market.
What is SCORE?
SCORE is a diagnostic tool which assigns star ratings to indicate the performance level of SMEs based on a seven assessment criteria such as financial strength, business performance, human resource, technology acquisition and adoption, certification and market presence.
Should you need further details on the Programme, please visit www.score.gov.my
Business Advisory & Support Division
SME Corp. Malaysia
Level 4, SME 1, Block B, Platinum Sentral
Jalan Stesen Sentral 2
Kuala Lumpur Sentral
50470 Kuala Lumpur
Name : En. Ahmad Syamlie Mohamad Karim
Tel. No : 03 - 2775 6077
Name : Pn. Nina Fazlina Muhamad
Tel. No : 03 - 2775 6173
Strategic Partners Collaboration
Ms. Hazina Mohamad
Ms. Sheryn Sum Pei San
Ms. Norizah Mansor
|Ms. Che Fara Nurnazili Ramli
Tel : 03-26988415
Ms. Ida Zuraida Md. Yusof