Family Support & Assistance
Good Physical Health
Characteristics of a Successful Entrepreneur
Select Your Business Names
Register Your Business
Guidelines for Application for an Auditor Licence
- Candidates who wish to obtain an auditor licence will have to go through a series of interviews.
- An auditor licence can only be issued by the Ministry of Finance Malaysia and applications can be made at the Accounting and Management Division.
Guidelines for Registration of an Audit Firm
- The owner / partners of the firm must be approved auditors / holders of valid auditor licences and registered with the Ministry of Finance Malaysia.
- The name of the firm has to be approved by the Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA).
- Send a completed Form 5 together with approval letters from both MIA and the Ministry of Finance Malaysia.
- The registration fee is RM500.00 and RM5.00 for one certified true copy of document.
- If there is any change in details of an audit firm, the said firm is responsible for announcing those changes within one month of the change.
Application for a Company Secretary Licence
- The applicant is not a bankrupt;
- The applicant is not a criminal as stated in section 130(1) of the Companies Act 1965;
- The applicant resides in Malaysia; and
- The applicant is of age (18 years and above).
Procedure for Application for a Company Secretary Licence
- Form 48B – Application for a Company Secretary Licence;
- Copy of identity card;
- Copy of academic certificates;
- Documents that can verify the relevant experience;
- Reference letter;
- A recent passport-sized photo; and
- Application fees of RM50.00.
2. Experience and Qualification
- Minimum qualification
- Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia or equivalent (Credit in Bahasa Malaysia or English).
- The applicant has to have relevant work experience in company law or company secretarial practice.
- Duration of work experience
- Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia/Sijil Tinggi Pelajaran Malaysia, 5 years of work experience;
- Holders of a Certificate, Diploma or Degree (in the fields of law, company secretarial practice, management, business administration or accounting) need 3 years, 2 years and 1 year of work experience respectively.
- The format for Form 48B for the application for licence and Form 48C for the renewal of licence can be obtained by referring to the Companies Regulations 1966.
- Each form needs to be typed.
Preparing Business Plan
A good and comprehensive Business Plan that contains information about your business will help you to secure an appropriate financing from financial institutions or Development Financial Institutions. It can also attract key employees, to deal with new suppliers, and/or to identify company’s strength and weaknesses.
Business Plan is not only for start-up but it is also essential for existing business to identify the growth of the business or simply to update it, so that you can solicit new funding for business expansion or merely for reviewing purposes.
To view the expanded version of business plan, please download the Business Plan for more information.
Please ensure relevant copies of documents are attached to the Business Planning to ensure that the application could be processed accordingly.